1. With reference to Article 20 of the Constitution of India, consider the following statements:
1. Both civil and criminal laws cannot be applied retrospectively.
2. The protection against self-incrimination extends to both criminal and civil proceedings. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only (b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2 (d) Neither 1 nor 2
2. With reference to Constitutionalism, which of the following statements is most appropriate?
(a) It is an ideology which promotes supremacy of a written Constitution.
(b) It means Constitution is necessary in a democratic country.
(c) It denotes the principle that the government derives its authority from a body of fundamental law and is limited by it.
(d) It means that Constitution must provide certain inalienable rights to the citizens.
3. With respect to the writ jurisdiction consider the following statements:
1. The writ of habeas corpus cannot be issued against the private individuals.
2. The writ of prohibition is available only against the judicial bodies.
3. The writ of quo-warranto can be sought even by a non-aggrieved person. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1, 2 and 3 (b) 3 only